Monday, February 16, 2009

The JOY of Checking Out


Joaquin Phoenix is a REALLY good actor. "Walk the Line" is one of my favorite movies. The guy WAS Johnny Cash. But America is not talking so much about what he is doing on screen but rather what he is doing off screen. No one exactly knows. He says he has quit acting to do Hip Hop. Yeeeah Boooouy! His stint on Letterman is being called the most spaced out guest appearance of all time! Was it an act? Was he on DOPE? Its goofy...and its a very funny. Joaquin is living the dream... just "checking out" in a public way. I love that. I'm really surprised more of us haven't done this. I can tell you this. The guy is feeling NO stress...no pressure. The foot is off the gas pedal. Mr Phoenix is zoning...and I am SO jealous. I can't even zone out on the weekends... there is always a "honey do" or some unfinished work just waiting for me. That once in a blue moon "vacation" is no different, really, its just another exercise with barely enough time to just "chill". It seems its tough for most of us to just jump off the giant"wheel of cheese" for not even a moment. I think this is why this is such a big deal. The is guy is doing what most of us cant do... which is, step off the bus of life and CHILL~! Take a breath. ... take it all in and reflect. ...and to be completely misunderstood, like a walking "Stonehenge".
I say....stay funky!!
Somewhere, Andy Kaufman is cracking up.

1 comment:

Red said...

I have always said he was pulling a Kaufman! You totally nailed it!