Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Been there done that...No really!

My wife has finally agreed with me... I'm officially a Nut. See, I let her in on this hunch I've had for about Ten years, but never had the nerve to bring up. The hunch? I've been here before. No, I'm serious. I am 100 percent positive, this
is not the first time I have been on earth. I'm not
sure how many times I have been on the planet before, but I'm certain I was here (either in the UK (London) or the US (and East Coast City) sometime in the 30's and 40's. I may have even made it to the 50's. I simply have this connection with very old things, and especially with things centered just before and during WWII. Not exactly sure what I did for a living, but it involved a lot of travel. I spent a lot of time on trains. In dreams and with these "flashbacks" or is it Deja vu?, when I see old movies from this time. On a trip to Hawaii a few years ago when I went to Pearl Harbor, it seemed so much like I had been there before. Not sure if I was there during the attack, but wow, it just felt like I had been there. The same thing hits me when I go to New York. More Deja vu...I stayed up in times square on New Years Eve in 2001, and it hit me there as well. "I've been here done this before". Going to the Carlyle the night before to see Bobby Short play the piano... it was like wow, man I have been here before. Now I have only been to England once, and unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to go into to London, but I feel this connection, this vibe and it grows more and more as I get older

Its all so odd. I love this city I've never been to, and I only know it from TV and Movies and books...OR, who knows, maybe I did live there before and during the War. Maybe I did hole up in a place to avoid the constant Bombing...Or maybe (and I don't think this is the case), I was in the English Army. I do know that I rode a motorcycle and had the chance to drive a convertible...maybe it was mine. I have this HUGE reprint of the "Casablanca" Poster. Its once of my favorite movies....is it all so strange to think this? I guess the belief that some of us lived more than one life cant be as crazy as thinking a loving God will send almost 98 percent of us into some fire filled Hell, and reward a tiny few angelic peeps with a trip to heaven? Have you ever felt that you have been here before? Have you ever seen an old movie and thought, "Maybe I did sit around the radio and listen to all those shows, or grabbed bottles of milk from the from porch and put them in an "icebox"?.. "OR Maybe I did live without AC on hot summer night or stand in line and had a hot meal in soup kitchen"... "Maybe I did do the jitterbug or voted for FDR" Or perhaps watched a baseball game in old Yankee Stadium with Babe Ruth at the plate? No?, well I have. OR, maybe I'm like Michael Phelps, and I've hit the bong to many times this week. . ..Ugh..I wish. But really, I'm telling you... I've been here before. ;)

1 comment:

baroness radon said...

My Chinese meditation teacher said there is a big consciousness to which we return and emerge from. I think of it like a soup. You may not have been there as "Shelby" but in this incarnation you have a piece of that soupy consciousness that was there. What you experience now may turn up in someone else's incarnate consciousness in the future, like shared memories -- the collective unconsciousness. Not everyone is sensitive to these things. You're not a nut, just advanced.