Monday, January 12, 2009

Golden Globes Update - Ugh! and Wow!






Its the show no watches on the last place network. 30 Rock is not even the best show on NBC on Thursday night, yet for some reason, critics fawn over 30 Rock and Tina Fey. Once again, she, and Alec Baldwin won Golden Globes. WTF? How does this continue to happen? This is THE MOST overrated show of all time!!!! Tina Fey is its most overrated star, followed by the one dimensional Fattest of Baldwin Brothers. He makes even Kevin Costner appear to have range. But back to Tina...she is not all that. I don't want to see her on another magazine cover (she was on as many covers as Obama!), telling us how "awesome" she is. She is DULL!!! Full of HYPE!!! Lets move on to something else. Can we even put TF's Palin NEXT to Chevy Chase's President Ford???? I think not. Its not going to hold up over time, because Palin is going to be long forgotten in a nano second, and we will be like (who was she mocking???).
The Tina Fey moment ruined my Globes Show. The 30 Rock acceptance speech by Tracy
Morgan was embarrassing. I was happy to see Kate Winslet win for her role in "Revolutionary Road" and that's about it. I felt Gran Torino and Mr Clint Eastwood did not get its due. Hopefully Oscar will notice. I'm going to have to see "The Wrestler" It will be interesting to see if Oscar bites, too. Man, I'm proofing at my blurb and I'm clearly not in the best of moods on this thing. I guess there is too much to be cynical about when your watching a bunch of "Stars" fawn over their work at an awards show... its an easy target.












But on a much brighter note, IMO, the best moment of the show was the Steven Spielberg tribute, and his moving, yet humble speech (receiving the Cecile B. DeMille Award). Steven Spielberg is an American Treasure. I cant imagine the movies without his movies...its unimaginable.




No comments: