Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oscar, blows it...again!


I would like to thank the Academy...for nothing this year! What in the World is going on in Tinseltown? The Dark Knight and Gran Torino got hardly a nomination this morning. I happened to be in the city of Angels and was up at 5:32am to see the results live, and boy was I disappointed. The 15 years after Forrest Gump re-do "Benjamin Button" (and although I saw it as practically a remake, it is a good remake) got an astounding 13 Nominations. (and I am thrilled to see Taraji Phenson get nominated for best Supporting Actress) What interesting to point out about the Forrest Gump connection, Gump back in 1994, beat the modern classic "Pulp Fiction" for best Picture. Pulp Fiction is one of the best movies of all time. Now how many times have you seen Pulp Fiction? And how many times have you seen Forrest Gump? (I rest my case!) Could there have been a movie like "No Country for Old men" (which won best picture) or "Snatch" or "True Romance" the 100's of other movies with its roots ultimately from "Pulp Fiction"?????



So you Academy voters, I don't know how you came up with these picks. I cant be the only one so disappointed. Just like Quentin Tarantino was in 1994, Clint Eastwood and Christopher Nolan, this year... you was robbed!

No comments: