Monday, November 24, 2008

The World's Ugliest Porsche! - The Panamera


There are ugly cars...and then there are UGLY cars! Shockingly, Porsche's long awaited four door sedan, the "Panamera", is a BUTT UGLY car! This is a really tough pill to swallow because (if anyone cared to read my earlier blog on my favorite cars), you would know that I am a Porsche enthusiast, big time! I'm at a point now where it would feel strange NOT to have a Porsche in the garage. Porsche makes special cars... er, well, they used to make them anyway. This is a car that was targeted for a guy like me. (Mid life crisis family guy cornered to "do the right thing" and buy a four door family car, passing on a 2 seater Porsche and becoming a grown up with a *uber* fast Porsche Sedan. But Noooooooooooooooo! I wouldn't touch this car if they GAVE it to me (and please Porsche, dont try to give me one, I will trade it for a Maserati or a Jaguar. I'm not sure WHAT they were smoking in Stuttgart, but they were smoking something good! These are not the engineers that gave us the sublime Carrera, or the understated Boxster, or even the curvy Cayman. WHAT were they thinking???
There is a silver lining with this four door disaster. Maybe Porsche will give up on trying to design a Sedan (unlikely), OR, they will go back to some of the "teaser" designs leaked earlier and "tweak" some beauty in it. As it is today, this is one Edsel of a car, and I can bet you that the auto world is not going to do the typical Porsche "cha cha" over this Autobahn stinkbomb. Its a modern Edsel, no matter how fast it is. In this Global free fall economy, how in the WORLD could Porsche make a sedan, so hideous from every angle?

No comments: